Sunday, September 25, 2011





This was a song that we sang in church today. It made me think about Noah. We also had a baptism for a little boy at church today. It took me back to April 10, 2011, the day when we stood at the front of the church with Noah and had him baptized. That was such a happy day, surrounded by friends, family, and our entire church congregation. I walked down to Noah's grave after church to let him know how much I miss him. We had heavy hearts all day today, all weekend, really. The littlest things can bring back memories of Noah.
We were sitting at home tonight and our Pastor called us out of the blue. She had a feeling that today was a difficult day for us and called to check in on us. I have always thought highly of her, but it wasn't until May 9, 2011 that I realized that she is just an ordinary person with feelings just like any average human. It wasn't until I saw her come rushing into the hospital room the day we lost Noah with tears in her eyes and the conversations since that day that we have had with her that I came to realize that she is a woman in a profession, but she is also a wife, a daughter, and a mother. She is compassionate, kind, and so wise. Her wisdom comforts me and intrigues me. Kevin and I have always felt a special bond towards her since our pre-marriage classes, but after having her with us through these past few months, she will forever be an extra special person in our lives. The wise words and comfort that she has brought our family with the loss of Noah is unexplainable. She married us, baptized both of our kids, and has been simply amazing since the day we lost Noah. We are so grateful to have a wonderful pastor in our lives to solidify our faith when we are doubting it the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment